1. Where were you 3 hours ago?
Sleeping in my bed.
2. Who are you in love with?
My wife, who is the true love of my life.
3. Have you ever eaten a crayon? (Crayon = coloring stick made of wax that children use for drawing)
No – why would I?
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
5. When is the last time you went to the mall? (Shopping center)
About 2 weeks ago, to buy a book.
6. Are you wearing socks right now?
Yes, since it is sometimes a little cold in the morning in my office.
7. Do you have a car worth over $2,000?
Yes, but it is about five years old.
8. When was the last time you drove out of town?
If by “out of town” you mean staying overnight somewhere else, probably last Thanksgiving visiting relatives (family members). However, I drive to places near Los Angeles all the time.
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
No, I rarely (very infrequently) go to movies at a theater anymore. I rent a DVD or watch it on television.
10. Are you hot? (Hot is slang for attractive in a romantic or sexual way. However, “Are you hot?” can also mean “Do you have a high temperature or are you feeling warm?”)
My body temperature is normal, I think.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
A cup of tea (English Breakfast tea), with milk and sugar (I drink one every morning and whenever I go to Starbucks).
12. What are you wearing right now?
My green shirt and black pants.
13. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it? (A place you take your car for other people to wash it)
Car wash. My first job at the age of 15 was at a car wash, so I believe in supporting them. Plus, I’m too lazy to wash my own car.
14. Last food that you ate?
Breakfast cereal (Cheerios with about a cup or so of milk).
15. Where were you last week at this time?
Right where I am now – at my computer working.
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
No, I hate buying clothes.
17. When is the last time you ran?
Yesterday on the treadmill (a machine that you can walk or run in place on).
18. What’s the last sporting event you watched?
World Series game last night (the New York Yankees won, beating the Philadelphia Phillies). (The World Series is the baseball championship in the US.)
19. What is your favorite animal?
20. Your dream vacation? (ideal, fantasy)
Sitting on a beach in Hawaii.
21. Last person’s house you were in?
22. Worst injury you’ve ever had? (harm to your body)
Cut my thumb and needed to go to the hospital.
23. Have you been in love?
Yes (see #2).
24. Do you miss anyone right now?
25. Last play you saw?
I don’t remember. I used to go see plays more frequently, but have not in the past few years. I’ve seen a few “experimental” plays but I don’t remember their names.
26. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? (to attract)
Be funny. This is, in fact, my only weapon, since I am not very hot. Nowadays I don’t lure in anyone – even if I wanted to (which I don’t – see #2).
27. What are your plans for tonight?
Read, watch television, read some more.
28. Who is the last person you sent a MySpace message or comment?
No one – I’ve never had a MySpace page.
29. Next trip you are going to take?
Going to Arizona for a few days.
30. Ever go camping? (Sleep outside in a tent)
I last went camping in 1989, and have no plans to do so again…ever. The next time I want to be horizontal outdoors is when they bury me in my grave (put my dead body in a hole in the ground).
31. Were you an honor roll student in school? (Students with the best grades)
Yes, but I went to a very small school, so it wasn’t very difficult to get on the honor roll.
32. What do you want to know about the future?
Will the Dodgers ever win a World Series again? (The Dodgers are Los Angeles’s professional baseball team, and last won the World Series in 1988.)
33. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? (Another name for perfume, used to describe the scented liquid that some men wear to make them smell nice)
No, I never do.
34. Are you due sometime this year for a doctor’s visit? (Need to do something, are expected to or have to do something)
Yes, in about a month.
35. Where is your best friend?
At work (my wife).
36. How is your best friend?
You’ll have to ask her.
37. Do you have a tan? (Brown skin due to being in the sun)
No, I don’t tan. I’m Irish! We don’t tan; we get sunburn (red skin after being in the sun) instead.
38. What are you listening to right now?
Nothing. I sometimes listen to classical music or popular music in the car. At home, I typically (usually) listen to music when the children are screaming outside and I need to block out the noise.
39. Do you collect anything? (Save or buy certain objects, such as stamps or toys for fun)
No. I do sometimes save the front page of the newspaper if it is an important historical event, however.
40. Who is the biggest gossiper you know? (Someone who gossips likes to talk about other people, usually things that are none of their business.)
I don’t know anyone I’d classify as a gossiper.
41. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over? (Had a police officer require that you stop your car because you broke or violated some law, usually a traffic law)
About two years ago, I was pulled over for speeding (going to fast). In my defense, I was trying to get home because I left the oven on accidentally and didn’t want my house to burn down. I told that to the officer, but he still gave me a ticket (a fine I had to pay – $150!).
42. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw? (Long tube of plastic people use sometimes to drink things from a cup)
43. What does your last text message say?
“See you tomorrow.” I don’t text very often, however. I don’t know that many (very many) people.
44. Do you like hot sauce? (Liquid you put on your food to make it spicy or “hot”)
No. I don’t normally like spicy food.
45. Last time you took a shower?
Yesterday after exercising.
46. Do you need to do laundry? (To wash your clothing because it is dirty)
Not right now.
47. What is your heritage? (Where your ancestors are from originally; the country where they lived before coming to this country)
Irish and German. They arrived back in the middle of the 19th century to the US.
48. Are you someone’s best friend?
I’d like to think so. (I hope so!)
49. Are you rich?
50. What were you doing at 12AM last night?
In bed. I’m usually asleep by 10:30 – 11:00 PM, and wake up around 6:00 AM.