Two things for you today:
First, last week, we announced our new Unlimited English Membership. We’ve had a great response and good feedback from our new members. Thank you for your support!
If you haven’t already checked it out, get more info at Unlimited English Membership.
Second, I want to talk about winter. Do you love it or do you hate it?
According to Ranker.com, the top 10 things people like best about winter are:
- Scenery (the appearance of nature when we look at it)
- Hot chocolate (a hot drink made with water or milk and chocolate)
- Comfort food (food that makes you feel good, especially making you think of childhood or home cooking)
- String lights
- First snowfall of the year
- Blankets (thick covering to keep you warm, usually on your bed)
- Cuddling (holding someone in your arms to show affection)
The 10 worst things are:
- Black Ice (ice that is transparent (you can see through) that is usually on roads or other hard surfaces)
- Icy sidewalks (walkways beside the road)
- Wind Chill Factor (how cold you feel with the combination of the temperature and wind speed)
- Flu (short for “influenza,” a common disease that is caused by a virus (a very small living thing that can get inside of your body and cause illness) that makes you feel weak, feverish (with high body temperature), and experience body pains.
- Scraping/Defrosting car (to scrape: push a hard surface against something to remove dirt or ice; to defrost: to remove ice, usually with heat)
- Runny noses (when mucus (thick, slippery substance produced by your body) comes out of your nose)
- Heat bills
- Dry skin
Do you love or hate winter?
Me? I hated winters in Minnesota, but I love winter in Los Angeles.