What is ESL Podcast?
What is a podcast?
A podcast is an audio file that you download from the Internet. After you download it, you can listen to it on your computer or on an MP3/portable music player (for example, an iPod or iRiver). You can subscribe to a podcast so that it is delivered to you automatically each day, just like a newspaper.
What is the Learning Guide?
The Learning Guide is an 8 – 10 page guide for every future podcast. The Learning Guide includes all of the following:
- Complete transcripts (ESL Podcast and English Café)
- Sample sentences
- Comprehension questions
- Additional explanations
- Cultural notes
- Tips on improving your English
How do I download a podcast to my computer or MP3 player?
The easiest way to is to subscribe to the podcast with free software such as iTunes.
You can also download the individual files from our website:
- RIGHT-click on the Download button. (for Mac: CTRL-click).
- For Internet Explorer: Select Save Target As… (for Firefox: Save Link As).
- When you see the Save box, note where you are saving it and click Save.
- Find the downloaded file and double-click it or import it into your computer’s audio player.