Become an ESL Podcast Member Today!
Register Now for a Basic or Premium Learning Guide Membership
What do I get with my Learning Guides Membership?
- An 8-10 page guide for every new podcast episode
- Complete transcripts (ESL Podcast and English Cafe)
- Sample sentences
- Comprehension questions
- Additional explanations
- Cultural notes
- Podcast newsletter
- Information on new products and services
More Information – FAQ’s
- What do I get when I become a member of ESL Podcast?
- How do I download the Learning Guide for each podcast?
- I thought that ESL Podcast was free. Why do I have to pay for the Learning Guides?
- How do I pay for the Learning Guide Membership?
- Do I need a PayPal account before I sign-up?
- I can’t use PayPal. Is there another way for me to pay?
- Do I need to come back at the end of each month to pay via PayPal?
- I lost my password. What do I do?
- How do I change my email address or password on my account?
- Can I share my login information with someone else?
- How do I cancel my Learning Guide membership?
1. What do I get when I become a member of ESL Podcast?
You get a Learning Guide (8-10 pages) for each new podcast. For Premium Members, you can download all the Learning Guides beginning with the first Guide, ESL Podcast #164.
- Download a free Learning Guide. (RIGHT-click to download)
The Learning Guide includes all of the following:
- Complete Transcript – You will receive the entire transcript from all future ESL Podcasts and English Cafés – every word that is said on the podcast! This is a great help in understanding things you may have missed when listening to the podcast.
- Definitions and Sample Sentences – You will get a glossary (list of words) with their definitions that are used in the podcast. You will also see additional sentences using these phrases or expressions, different from the ones used in the podcast.
- Comprehension Questions – Do you want to make sure you understood the podcast? We provide comprehension questions and answers for each ESL Podcast.
- What Else Does It Mean? – You will get additional explanations of useful words and phrases, giving more meanings not talked about in the podcast.
- Cultural Notes – Learn more information about the topics discussed in the podcast. You’ll be able to understand American culture better.
- Tips on Improving Your English – Learn ways you can improve your English listening, speaking, reading, and writing each week with English Café. You’ll get advice from Dr. McQuillan and Dr. Tse on what to do – and what not to do – to improve your English.
- Special Notices from ESL Podcast – Be the first to know about exciting new services in the future.
Basic Learning Guide Membership – $10.00 per month – You get the 12 new Learning Guides released in each 30 day period (one month) that you are an active member; Learning Guides must be downloaded within two weeks of their release. You do not have access to the Learning Guides released before your membership sign-up date.
Premium Learning Guide Membership – $60 first month only, then $10 per month – You get the 12 current Learning Guides PLUS all of our 800+ past Learning Guides (beginning with ESL Podcast #164). You may download any of the available Learning Guides anytime as long as you are an active (paying) member.
Note: You can only download Learning Guides during your paid membership period. If you fail to download any Learning Guides while an active member (for Basic members, within two weeks of their release) and then cancel, you cannot later download those Guides after the end of your membership.
Register now! Each day a podcast is released, you will be able to download a new PDF file with that day’s Learning Guide.
- Register for membership.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the home page: http://www.eslpod.com.
- Select a podcast.
- RIGHT-click (Mac: CTRL-click) on the “Learning Guide” button and select “Save As…” Save the PDF file to your hard drive.
*Note: You will need a free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the Learning Guide.
3. I thought that ESL Podcast was free. Why do I have to pay for the Learning Guides?
Several of our audio files on ESL Podcast and English Café are free, but not all of them. You can listen to those without being a member or paying any money, thanks to listeners who donate to keep the free podcasts available.
The Learning Guide Membership provides an additional 8 – 10 pages of explanations, examples, and information to help you understand each podcast even better. This additional material costs us money to prepare, which is why we have a low monthly fee. Learning Guide Membership is completely optional – join only if you want the additional activities and explanations for each podcast.
4. How do I pay for the Learning Guide Membership?
You can use either your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) or the free PayPal secure online payment system. (You can find out if you can use PayPal in your country here.) Each month, your account will be automatically billed (charged) unless you cancel your membership. You can cancel your membership at any time (see Question 11).
5. Do I need a PayPal account before I sign-up?
No. You can pay with a credit card without using Paypal at all. If you do want to use Paypal and do not have an account with them, PayPal will create a free account for you when you first register for the Learning Guide Membership. You do not pay anything extra for your PayPal account.
6. I can’t use a credit card or PayPal. Is there another way for me to pay?
Email us for other ways of paying. You can also pay with a bank transfer or money order, or we can email you a subscription form that you can fill-out and fax, email, or mail back to us. Email us for more information.
8. I lost my password. What do I do?
Go to the Lost Password page and enter your username OR your email that you used when you registered. Your password will be emailed to you.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the Account Information page.
- Click on Edit Profile link.
- Change your information and hit Save Profile.
10. Can I share my login information with someone else?
No. Your membership login information cannot be used by anyone other than you. Sharing your username and password with other people may cause your account to be suspended, so please do not share them with others.
11. How do I cancel my Learning Guide membership?
To cancel your membership, log in to your account and look for the “Cancel Subscription” link on the Payment History page. If you don’t see the Cancel link, please email email@example.com and give us your name and the email you used when you signed up for your membership. Please allow at least five business days for cancellations to be processed.
Please note: We are not able to give a refund for part of a month after that month’s membership fee has been paid. Your membership will continue until the end of the 30 days. Then your membership will be canceled automatically.