It’s been a hectic (busy) few weeks and I needed a good laugh. I came across these sayings that tickled my funny bone. To tickle is to touch someone else lightly to make them laugh. To tickle someone’s funny bone is to make them laugh. (Did you know that it’s impossible to tickle yourself? This is one explanation why.)
These tickled my funny bone. Do they work on you?
- There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count and those who can’t.
- The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 (equal) chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability (likelihood; chance) you’ll get it wrong.
- How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you’re on.
- Buy one for the price of two and get the second one free!
- Junk (useless things) is something you’ve kept for years and throw it away three weeks before you need it.
- If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
- Education is what you get from reading the small print (details, usually in a contract or document). Experience is what you get from not reading it.