This is the time of year that newspapers and magazines compile year-end lists. One list that caught my eye (got my attention) was in the New York Times Magazine a couple of weeks ago.
This is a list of patents (registered ideas or inventions with the government) that Americans received in 2007. Some of these are clear from their name, but others are not so clear. Some may be good ideas and some are just…strange.
- Chewable (something you can bite and eat) toothbrush
- Refrigerator with television
- Inflatable (filled with air) umbrella
- Automatic celebrity-face-matching-and-attractiveness-rating machine
- Instant snowman
- Reverse sitting commode (toilet)
- Folding coffee maker
- Cremation urn (a container for the ashes of your body after you die and your body is burned) convertible (changeable) into a birdhouse
- Combined toy rabbit and hat
- Inter-toe (between toes) towel
What do you think? Would you have use for any of these?